25% of smartphone owners aged 18–44 say they can’t recall the last time their smartphone wasn’t next to them!
Mobile Learning (or mLearning) is on the rise and is now seen as a proven and credible approach to blended learning.
Malcolm Knowles observed that adults learn best when:
- They understand why something is important to know or do.
- They have the freedom to learn in their own way.
- Learning is experiential (making meaning from direct experience)
- The time is right for them to learn.
- The process is positive and encouraging
If we can offer users the opportunity to learn when and how they want, via a mobile device the learner takes control of their own learning experience. Combine the flexibility of mobile devices with engaging content and you create a positive learning engagement with your users!